Characterized by or involving the emission of electrons from a surface by the action of light.
More example sentences
- It soon became clear in the next few years that the particles emitted in the photoelectric effect were indeed electrons.
- Too much of the potential triggering energy of the degraded gammas is dissipated in Compton and photoelectric interactions.
- A structure or space in the shadow of an efficient photoelectric generator surface already possesses this characteristic.
- More example sentences
- A science park developing photoelectricity products has recently been set up in Xi'an City,capital of northwest China's Shaanxi Province.
- We selected four technological fields, namely gene, photoelectricity, Chinese traditional medicine, and nano, in which China has advantages and potential markets.
Definition of photoelectric in:
- The British & World English dictionary