- The emission of electrons from a surface caused by the action of light striking it.More example sentences
- In the 1950s, researchers began measuring binding energies of core electrons by x-ray photoemission.
- They then imaged the sample with x-ray photoemission electron microscopy, a recently developed technique that gives a microscopic map of the magnetic structure.
- So far, searches for this separation have concentrated on detecting its effect on many-body correlation functions with photoemission, optical, magnetic or tunnelling spectroscopies.
- More example sentences
- This photoemitter controls the placement as well as the width of bits of information recorded on magnetic tape.
- The optical coupler is mounted in a lower part of the casing, and has a photoemitter and a photoreceiver that faces the photoemitter.
More definitions of photoemissionDefinition of photoemission in:
- The British & World English dictionary