Definition of photoemission in English:
The emission of electrons from a surface caused by the action of light striking it.
- In the 1950s, researchers began measuring binding energies of core electrons by x-ray photoemission.
- They then imaged the sample with x-ray photoemission electron microscopy, a recently developed technique that gives a microscopic map of the magnetic structure.
- So far, searches for this separation have concentrated on detecting its effect on many-body correlation functions with photoemission, optical, magnetic or tunnelling spectroscopies.
- Example sentences
- This photoemitter controls the placement as well as the width of bits of information recorded on magnetic tape.
- The optical coupler is mounted in a lower part of the casing, and has a photoemitter and a photoreceiver that faces the photoemitter.
Definition of photoemission in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan