Definition of photopositive in English:
1 Biology (Of an organism) tending to move toward light.
- The frequency of lethal and semilethal chromosomes in the photopositive population was 43%, and those for the photonegative and the unselected populations were 18% and 27%.
- At higher temperatures D. pseudoobscura, D. simulans, and D. melanogaster become more photopositive, while D. ananassae and D. willistoni become less photopositive.
2 Physics (Of a substance) exhibiting an increase in electrical conductivity under illumination.
- Most maskants are photopositive materials and are designed to operate at low pH and to be developed (or stripped) in high pH solvents.
- When a photopositive material is used, the photosensitive material situated on the active sensor surface is exposed, while the remaining photosensitive material remains unexposed.
Definition of photopositive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.