- (Of a plant) synthesize sugars or other substances by means of photosynthesis.More example sentences
- In the Kearneysville orchards last summer, kaolin-coated trees photosynthesized up to 30 percent faster than uncoated trees, says Glenn.
- There is evidence that the stems of different Cuscuta species photosynthesize to varying degrees, and that the plastid genome is becoming reorganized.
- The weeds photosynthesise by releasing oxygen into the water during the day and taking it back in at night.
More definitions of photosynthesizeDefinition of photosynthesize in:
- The British & World English dictionary