- An idiomatic phrase consisting of a verb and another element, typically either an adverb, as in break down, or a preposition, for example see to, or a combination of both, such as look down on.More example sentences
- It is sometimes possible to match the elements of phrasal verbs and Latinate verbs: climb up with a/scend, climb down with de/scend.
- For this, the dictionary has 80,000 words and phrases with over 10,000 phrasal verbs and idioms highlighted.
- Every word is explained with the related idioms and phrasal verbs and there are ‘Help’ notes all along, to ensure that you do not use the word incorrectly.
More definitions of phrasal verbDefinition of phrasal verb in:
- The British & World English dictionary