- A branchiopod crustacean.More example sentences
- The phyllopod bed is therefore exceptional for possessing both typical fossil bearing characteristics and unusual soft tissue preservation.
- Nonmarine occurrences of Rusophycus-like bilobed resting traces, widely recorded from Devonian to Permian subaqueous deposits, were probably produced by notostracan or phyllopod crustaceans.
- Classified as phyllopods due to the leaf-like appearance of their legs, fairy shrimps ‘bloom’ in mineral-rich temporary ponds, reaching ridiculously dense concentrations.
from modern Latin Phyllopoda (former class name), from Greek phullon 'leaf' + pous, pod- 'foot'.
More definitions of phyllopodDefinition of phyllopod in:
- The British & World English dictionary