noun[treated as singular] North American
Another term for physical therapy.
More example sentences
- Physiatrics on the other hand, is a readily available modality than can restore much useful function and reverse the contractures.
- Complementary balneotherapy, physiatrics, massages, etc., combined with the high professional standard of Spa's staff increase basic healing effects.
- More example sentences
- Care of the technology-dependent young adult should be incorporated into the training programs of adult pulmonologists, adult neurologists, physiatrists, sleep medicine specialists, and internists.
- Consultation with a physical therapist or physiatrist to design a program to mobilize the patient and prevent contractures may be an important component to the management of rigidity and spasticity.
- In one previous study published by the same authors, acupuncture and biofeedback were the two most common alternative therapies recommended by physiatrists (physical medicine and rehabilitation medical specialists).
Pronunciation: /ˌfizēˈatrist, fiˈzīəˌtrist/noun
Definition of physiatrics in:
- The British & World English dictionary