Definition of physical medicine in English:
1The branch of medicine concerned with the treatment of disease by physical means such as manipulation, heat, electricity, or radiation, rather than by medication or surgery.
- They also teach two years of naturopathic therapeutics, such as nutrition, homeopathy, herbal medicine, counseling, and physical medicine.
- Nuad Bo'Rarn, the traditional physical medicine of Thailand, is practiced very slowly, with an emphasis on both the practitioner and client being in a heightened or meditative state of consciousness.
2The branch of medicine that treats biomechanical disorders and injuries.
- When I first started working at the Veteran's Hospital in 1971, the Veteran's Hospital had a pretty good physical medicine department, as did many other major hospitals.
- After further medical training in physical medicine and rehabilitation he was appointed consultant at the Brook Green Hospital, London.
- This includes staff members in mammography, nuclear medicine, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, physical medicine, and clinics.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan