- The sciences concerned with the study of inanimate natural objects, including physics, chemistry, astronomy, and related subjects. Often contrasted with life sciences.More example sentences
- In the education of Smith engineers, the study of the humanities and social sciences is just as important as the study of the physical sciences and mathematics.
- There are of course some obvious differences, if we use ‘science’ to denote physics, chemistry, and other physical sciences.
- It should scarcely come as a surprise then that so few college graduates pursue doctoral degrees in either the biological or physical sciences or computer science.
More definitions of physical sciencesDefinition of physical sciences in:
- The British & World English dictionary