Definition of physical therapy in English:
The treatment of disease, injury, or deformity by physical methods such as massage, heat treatment, and exercise rather than by drugs or surgery.
- He is facing surgery, followed by at least six months of physical therapy.
- In fact, she's already begun physical therapy.
- I spent a full month wearing a sling, then began physical therapy.
physical therapist noun
- Example sentences
- With a staff of 21 people, including doctors, nurses, teachers, physical therapists, and support staff, the village cares for some 70 children and 30 veterans at a time.
- Also, the rehabilitation department just has eight medical staff including physical therapists, masseurs and rehabilitation nurses.
- Sometimes intervention by physical therapists and massage therapists helps, sometimes it doesn't, she said.
Definition of physical therapy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan