Definition of physical therapy in English:
The treatment of disease, injury, or deformity by physical methods such as massage, heat treatment, and exercise rather than by drugs or surgery.
- He is facing surgery, followed by at least six months of physical therapy.
- In fact, she's already begun physical therapy.
- I spent a full month wearing a sling, then began physical therapy.
physical therapist noun
- Example sentences
- With a staff of 21 people, including doctors, nurses, teachers, physical therapists, and support staff, the village cares for some 70 children and 30 veterans at a time.
- Also, the rehabilitation department just has eight medical staff including physical therapists, masseurs and rehabilitation nurses.
- Sometimes intervention by physical therapists and massage therapists helps, sometimes it doesn't, she said.
Definition of physical therapy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.