Definition of physiotherapy in English:
British term for physical therapy.
- Recovery can be aided by speech therapy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and counselling.
- Video games have been used as a form of physiotherapy or occupational therapy in many different groups of people.
- A trial might need people, for example, to provide physiotherapy or cognitive behaviour therapy.
- Example sentences
- The two occupational therapists and three physiotherapists delivering the interventions and the two independent assessors attended a two day training course.
- Patients in the therapy group underwent a physical examination by physiotherapists, lasting up to one hour.
- A multidisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, social workers, and occupational therapists cared for patients.
Definition of physiotherapy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan