Definition of phytochemical in English:
Any of various biologically active compounds found in plants.
- It is also high in vitamins, minerals, protein, phytochemicals and chlorophyll, and it may work as a cancer preventative and brain booster.
- They're also full of fiber and phytochemicals, plant compounds that may protect against some cancers and cardiovascular disease.
- Fruit and vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals, fibre and plant substances known as phytochemicals, many of which may have cancer-protective effects.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to phytochemistry or phytochemicals.
- ‘Unlike phytochemical profiles and morphological features, DNA sequence normally remains unaltered during the development of the plant and under various environmental conditions,’ he says.
- After finding out how the locals made use of medicinal plants - ethnobotanic research - the center took the plants to the laboratory to identify the chemicals found in them, in what is called phytochemical research.
- It is commonly utilized either as a nutritional supplement or as a phytochemical remedy for different diseases ranging from chronic inflammation to circulatory dysfunctions.
Definition of phytochemical in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan