- Any of various biologically active compounds found in plants.More example sentences
- It is also high in vitamins, minerals, protein, phytochemicals and chlorophyll, and it may work as a cancer preventative and brain booster.
- They're also full of fiber and phytochemicals, plant compounds that may protect against some cancers and cardiovascular disease.
- Fruit and vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals, fibre and plant substances known as phytochemicals, many of which may have cancer-protective effects.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to phytochemistry or phytochemicals.More example sentences
- ‘Unlike phytochemical profiles and morphological features, DNA sequence normally remains unaltered during the development of the plant and under various environmental conditions,’ he says.
- After finding out how the locals made use of medicinal plants - ethnobotanic research - the center took the plants to the laboratory to identify the chemicals found in them, in what is called phytochemical research.
- It is commonly utilized either as a nutritional supplement or as a phytochemical remedy for different diseases ranging from chronic inflammation to circulatory dysfunctions.
More definitions of phytochemicalDefinition of phytochemical in:
- The British & World English dictionary