Definition of phytochemistry in English:
The branch of chemistry concerned with plants and plant products.
- Phytochemistry, or the chemistry of plants, one of the early subdivisions of organic chemistry, has been of great importance in the identification of plant substances of medicinal importance.
- In the laboratory of pharmacognosy and phytochemistry, we are studying natural products chemistry.
- Example sentences
- MNL scientists included phytochemists Neil Robinson, Felicity Currie, Zahid Latif, and the late Maria In's Chicarelli-Robinson, natural products chemist and managing director at MNL.
- A multidisciplinary team of pharmacognosists, phytochemists and pharmacologists was involved in preparing this monograph.
Definition of phytochemistry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan