- An estrogen occurring naturally in legumes, considered beneficial in some diets.More example sentences
- Although men don't produce estrogen, the addition of soy and phytoestrogen to their diets can help improve their cardiovascular health, and soy appears to help prevent prostate cancer by inhibiting the growth of cancer cells.
- There is increasing evidence that dietary phytoestrogens have a beneficial role in chronic renal disease.
- One type of phytoestrogen is isoflavone, found in a variety of legumes.
More definitions of phytoestrogenDefinition of phytoestrogen in:
- The British & World English dictionary