- A freshwater plant with broad arrow-shaped leaves and spikes of blue flowers that was formerly believed to give rise to, or provide food for, young pike.
More example sentences
- ● Pontederia cordata, family Pontederiaceae.
- Among them are arrow arum, bull-tongue arrowhead, pickerelweed, water lettuce, white water lily, yellow water lily, and the invasive alligator weed.
- The ubiquitous saw grass rattles in the wind, while pond-apple trees, yellow pond lilies, and pickerelweed, with its iridescent purple flowers, line the riverbanks.
- Pickerelweed is a perennial plant that can grow up to 3 1/2 feet tall.
More definitions of pickerelweedDefinition of pickerelweed in:
- The British & World English dictionary