Definition of picklock in English:
1A person who picks locks.
- He was the best picklock in the gang, able to unlock doors and safes in a matter of seconds; and being one of the older members earned him skill in what he did.
- He was a picklock in the widest sense. Keeping him out of a place he wanted to get into or look into was a remarkably difficult thing to do.
1.1An instrument for picking locks.
- In fact, Houdini relied on great skill, low cunning, and keeping tiny metal picklocks concealed about his person.
- The lock of the chain cannot be opened using a picklock.
- One doesn't want to be seen using a picklock. Now, can you show us the way?
Definition of picklock in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia