Definition of pictorial in English:
Of or expressed in pictures; illustrated: feelings presented in a pictorial form
More example sentences
- Twelve illustrations, taken from pictorial representations in the Tracts, help establish the flavour of the period.
- The solution was illustrated through a rich pictorial representation with icons representing computers, databases, and organizational functions.
- The publishers have also been extremely fastidious in their selection of the book's 325 illustrations, providing a pictorial record spanning over a century and a half.
illustrated, in pictures, in picture form, in photographs, photographic, graphic
nounBack to top
A newspaper or periodical with pictures as a main feature.
- From the start, the old pictorials used a remarkable diversity of images.
- In 1875 an American Christian missionary edited and published a pictorial, Children's Monthly, designed specially for children with a large number of exquisite and beautiful pictures.
- Example sentences
- A spokeswoman for the centre said: ‘Throughout his life, Lowry travelled the length and breadth of the country in order to paint and draw what struck him as pictorially significant.’
- What with the costs of printing, cinema books don't always do their product justice pictorially, but this 450-page tome from the fine-art specialists is one of the most spectacular.
- The works are frequently small and pictorially complex and, in his pioneering exploration of image/text art, Blake often demands that we decipher and read as much as we look.
Words that rhyme with pictorialaccessorial, accusatorial, advertorial, ambassadorial, arboreal, armorial, auditorial, authorial, boreal, censorial, combinatorial, consistorial, conspiratorial, corporeal, curatorial, dictatorial, directorial, editorial, equatorial, executorial, gladiatorial, gubernatorial, immemorial, imperatorial, janitorial, lavatorial, manorial, marmoreal, memorial, monitorial, natatorial, oratorial, oriel, piscatorial, prefectorial, professorial, proprietorial, rectorial, reportorial, sartorial, scriptorial, sectorial, senatorial, territorial, tonsorial, tutorial, uxorial, vectorial, visitorial
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.