- A pidgin in which the chief language is English, used originally between Chinese people and Europeans.More example sentences
- But, with the slow spread of education, the old inter-tribal language of pidgin English is being replaced by widely spoken and understood standard English.
- And in formal places, such as in church services and in schools, English is spoken although it is usually interspersed with pidgin English and the native languages.
- The different groups speak their own languages, but the language spoken across ethnic lines is a form of pidgin English called Creole.
More definitions of pidgin EnglishDefinition of pidgin English in:
- The British & World English dictionary