Definition of pie crust in English:
1The baked pastry crust of a pie.
- The book doesn't just have recipes; it has the science of piecrusts, fillings, and toppings (meringues, whipped creams) laid out in excruciating detail for those of us who are still struggling to live up to our mothers.
- There's a lantern procession, carols and much feasting on stargazy pie with pilchard heads poking through the piecrust.
- Why, they're two of the finest cooks who ever blancoed a burnt piecrust.
1.1North American The dough used to make pie crusts: my mother was rolling out pie crust on the table
More example sentences
- Roll out your favorite piecrust about 1/4 inch thick or less.
- Fourthly, although I am not one for making the world's best pastry, I'd read about Shuna's easy to make piecrust and concluded that her interesting-sounding method looked like a fun one to try out.
- Unfold refrigerated piecrusts to make pot pies, Jamaican patties, empanadas and apple turnovers.
Definition of pie crust in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan