- 1A dark red tropical pealike seed.More example sentences
- Popular Caribbean staples include pigeon peas and rice, and ‘callaloo,’ a dish made from callaloo greens, okra, salted pork, crab, and fresh fish.
- Peas with rice, a dietary staple, consists of dried pigeon peas and rice prepared with thyme and other spices.
- Be sure also to try ‘pelau’ buttery pigeon peas and tasty rice and try the desserts - ‘kurma’ and ‘sawine’.
- 2The woody Old World plant that yields pigeon peas, with pods and foliage that are used as fodder.
More example sentences
- Cajanus cajan, family Leguminosae
- The farmers in the village grew ragi, cow pea, pigeon pea, green gram, jowar, horse gram and sesame.
- Sorghum and pigeon pea, for example, are grown as intercrops in drier parts of India.
- Rotation of potato, mint, rice, wheat and pigeon pea can bring double the profit.
More definitions of pigeon peaDefinition of pigeon pea in:
- The British & World English dictionary