Definition of pigweed in English:
1An amaranth that grows as a weed or is used for fodder.
- Genus Amaranthus, family Amaranthaceae: several species, in particular A. retroflexus and A. albus
- Sometimes, a single weed plant - of pigweed, for example - can produce 500,000 seeds.
- Spartan herbicide has provided excellent control of troublesome broadleaf weeds, such as kochia, Russian thistle, and pigweed in no-till sunflower for the past several years.
- Several common weeds, including pigweed, lamb's quarters, and kochia, have been reported to be hosts for the pathogen.
2North American another term for lamb's-quarters.
- The fungus kills fat hen - also known as pigweed - a weed which is a serious problem for European farmers.
- Fat Hen, (also known as: white goosefoot, lamb's quarters, lambsquarters, or pigweed) is a fast-growing, upright, weedy annual species of goosefoot, very common in temperate regions/
- Lambsquarters (Chenopodium album, also called fat hen, goosefoot, or pigweed) are a. member of the same family as chard and beets.
Definition of pigweed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan