Definition of pill popper in English:
A person who regularly takes large numbers of pills, especially barbiturates or amphetamines.
- The songs address or speak for the usual suspects: has-beens slumped on barstools, oblivion-seeking pill-poppers and heartbroken sad sacks obsessing over ex-lovers.
- We feel about our dogs the way pill-poppers feel about Percodan.
- The play then follows the fall-out of this revelation as the two sisters (one a soulless pill-popper from LA and the other a unhappily married London mother) argue with each other, their new sister and their somewhat hypocritical mother.
pill-popping noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- Roy's partner in crime is Frank who puts up with his associate's quirks - which also include agoraphobia, pill-popping and chain-smoking - so long as the money keeps coming in.
- He plays Eli Wurman, a pill-popping, worn-to-the-nub New York City publicist whose attempts to arrange a glitzy civil rights benefit become entangled with a scary political cover-up.
- Who needs to cosy up to anything that could bring on heart trouble, diabetes or any of those dreaded diseases that shackle you to a lifetime of pill-popping and blood pressure checks.
Definition of pill popper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.