Definition of pill popper in English:
A person who regularly takes large numbers of pills, especially barbiturates or amphetamines.
- The songs address or speak for the usual suspects: has-beens slumped on barstools, oblivion-seeking pill-poppers and heartbroken sad sacks obsessing over ex-lovers.
- We feel about our dogs the way pill-poppers feel about Percodan.
- The play then follows the fall-out of this revelation as the two sisters (one a soulless pill-popper from LA and the other a unhappily married London mother) argue with each other, their new sister and their somewhat hypocritical mother.
pill-popping noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- Roy's partner in crime is Frank who puts up with his associate's quirks - which also include agoraphobia, pill-popping and chain-smoking - so long as the money keeps coming in.
- He plays Eli Wurman, a pill-popping, worn-to-the-nub New York City publicist whose attempts to arrange a glitzy civil rights benefit become entangled with a scary political cover-up.
- Who needs to cosy up to anything that could bring on heart trouble, diabetes or any of those dreaded diseases that shackle you to a lifetime of pill-popping and blood pressure checks.
Definition of pill popper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan