(also pill bug)
Definition of pillbug in English:
A wood louse that has a thick cuticle and is able to roll up into a ball when threatened.
- Genus Armadillidium, order Isopoda
- This small crustacean is similar to the terrestrial pill bug but is aquatic and is found in only one thermal spring near Socorro, New Mexico.
- The Crustaceamorpha includes lobsters, crabs, shrimp, pill bugs, krill, barnacles, water fleas, brine shrimp (sea monkeys), copepods, ostracods, and more - many, many more.
- The wood louse is known in Britain by many local names - tiggy-hog, cheeselog, pill bug, chiggy pig, and rolypoly among others.
Definition of pillbug in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan