(also pill bug)
Definition of pillbug in English:
A wood louse that has a thick cuticle and is able to roll up into a ball when threatened.
- Genus Armadillidium, order Isopoda
- This small crustacean is similar to the terrestrial pill bug but is aquatic and is found in only one thermal spring near Socorro, New Mexico.
- The Crustaceamorpha includes lobsters, crabs, shrimp, pill bugs, krill, barnacles, water fleas, brine shrimp (sea monkeys), copepods, ostracods, and more - many, many more.
- The wood louse is known in Britain by many local names - tiggy-hog, cheeselog, pill bug, chiggy pig, and rolypoly among others.
Definition of pillbug in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.