- A small meteorological balloon used to track air currents.More example sentences
- Wind measurements were performed every 4 hours by tracking the ascent of a pilot balloon by radar.
- This computes a vertical profile of wind direction and speed given the radio telemetry observations of a pilot balloon.
- With the growth of aviation activity in the country, pilot balloon observations were started in 1928 to generate daily upper air wind data for pilots.
More definitions of pilot balloonDefinition of pilot balloon in:
- The British & World English dictionary