Definition of pimpernel in English:
A small plant of the primrose family, with creeping stems and flat five-petaled flowers.
- Genera Anagallis and Lysimachia, family Primulaceae: several species, in particular the scarlet pimpernel
- As well as being a home to wildlife, it also has pockets of enchanted nightshade, yellow pimpernel and oak fern.
- A rich diversity of plants thrive in the wet conditions at Greena Moor including bog pimpernel, marsh violet, saw-wort and abundant meadow thistle and devil's-bit scabious.
- Primroses grew in the grass around it and a small red flower that I thought must be pimpernel.
Words that rhyme with pimpernelpipistrelle • Tricel
Definition of pimpernel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.