Definition of pimpernel in English:
A small plant of the primrose family, with creeping stems and flat five-petaled flowers.
- Genera Anagallis and Lysimachia, family Primulaceae: several species, in particular the scarlet pimpernel
- As well as being a home to wildlife, it also has pockets of enchanted nightshade, yellow pimpernel and oak fern.
- A rich diversity of plants thrive in the wet conditions at Greena Moor including bog pimpernel, marsh violet, saw-wort and abundant meadow thistle and devil's-bit scabious.
- Primroses grew in the grass around it and a small red flower that I thought must be pimpernel.
Words that rhyme with pimpernelpipistrelle • Tricel
Definition of pimpernel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan