1A small cushion into which pins are stuck for convenient storage.
- Or have you stuck them like pincushions with all your needles?
- Frowning, she takes the pin out of her mouth and sticks it into a soft strawberry-shaped pincushion.
- They began to make floral designs with their glass beads and applied these new shapes to many useful things, including pincushions, handbags, sewing cases, and clothing.
1.1 (also pincushion distortion) A form of optical distortion in which straight lines along the edge of a screen or a lens bulge toward the center.
- Examining the camera we noted no astigmatism, curvature of field, rolling distortion, or pincushion distortion.
- Focusing the scopes on the distant brick wall with its very distinct vertical and horizontal lines, we checked for pincushion distortion (lines bowing in) and barrel distortion (lines bowing out).
- However I did note a small amount of pincushion distortion.
Definition of pincushion in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.