Definition of pinup in English:
1A poster showing a famous person or sex symbol, designed to be displayed on a wall.
- Amongst a second set of Glastonbury posters is a pin-up of Michael and Emily Eavis.
- Who was your bedroom wall poster pin-up: David Cassidy?
- Cover images were pin-ups for the people, available on newsstands everywhere.
1.1A person shown in a pinup.
- I'd been picturing posters of famous sports stars and playboy pinups covering the walls, and rows of CDs and DVDs.
- Okay, first the bar - which has only been open a couple of months and is FABULOUS - wall-to-wall burlesque beauties, pinups, vintage striptease on the teevee.
- I would suggest, however, that today's communist pinups are attractive women who display a menacing demeanor similar to their ancestors.
Definition of pinup in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan