A meson having a mass approximately 270 times that of an electron. Also called pi meson.
- The proton and the neutron are baryons; the electron, the muon, and the neutrino are leptons; whilst the pions are mesons.
- Kaons and pions are examples of particles known as mesons, which contain a quark and an antiquark.
- He worked primarily on the interaction of pions with protons.
- Example sentences
- In other words, the pionic system, having its specific ground state and elementary pionic excitations converts rapidly into free pions.
- Pionic atoms are exotic systems in which a negatively charged pion is bound in an atom-like orbital.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.