- 1The laying of pipelines.More example sentences
- The agencies responsible for oil management are a complete hodgepodge, with seven different agencies having some degree of responsibility for some aspect of oil drilling, transport, pipelining, etc.
- 1.1Transportation by means of pipelines.More example sentences
- When the issue of pipelining Alaskan oil comes up, environmentalists start crying like a little girl with a skinned knee.
- 2 Computing A form of computer organization in which successive steps of an instruction sequence are executed in turn by a sequence of modules able to operate concurrently, so that another instruction can be begun before the previous one is finished.More example sentences
- Instruction pipelining and prefetch and memory interleaving appeared in early IBM supercomputers and have become universal in today's microprocessors.
- It also implements instruction pipelining to overlap commands sent between the CPU and I / O devices.
- It targets single streams of data and multiple, parallel streams through a mix of latency reduction, pipelining, real-time access, prioritisation and channel arbitration.
More definitions of pipeliningDefinition of pipelining in:
- The British & World English dictionary