(also pita bread)
- Flat hollow unleavened bread that can be split open to hold a filling.More example sentences
- I like real food; pitta bread not garlic pitta bread.
- One of the main Arab dishes is called hummus, which is ground chickpeas and garlic with spices served with flat pita bread.
- We had the wine, the sparkling water, the started salad, the starter garlic pita bread and then pizzas all round.
modern Greek, literally 'cake or pie'; compare with Turkish pide, in a similar sense.
More definitions of pitaDefinition of pita in:
- The British & World English dictionary