- 1 • informal Vigorously tackle or begin to deal with.More example sentences
- So I pitched into the morning house clean routine, left all neat, tidy and sparkling clean, and took myself and the little silver Ford off to Boston.
- In spite of all my resolutions not to do so I pitched into a final code fix for my new web pages today.
- He prepares to roll up his sleeves and pitch into the parochial difficulties that await him.
- 1.1Forcefully assault.More example sentences
- The governor was up for re-election and the opposition papers were pitching into him.
- I despise him so I can't help pitching into him.
- He pitched into her recklessly, upbraiding her now for her shiftlessness.
More definitions of pitch intoDefinition of pitch into in:
- The British & World English dictionary