Definition of pittosporum in English:
An evergreen shrub or small tree that typically has small fragrant flowers and is native chiefly to Australasia.
- Genus Pittosporum, family Pittosporaceae
- Fortunately for me (but not for the tree) the pittosporum would have drastically slowed the car as it ploughed through my front courtyard.
- Hebes, cistus, cordyline, pittosporum and many others will all add decoration and provide a shelterbelt behind which more delicate plants can grow.
- She also has pots of Verbena bonariensis, broom, pittosporum, lavender, a vine and an olive tree which actually fruits.
Modern Latin, from Greek pitta 'pitch' (because of the resinous pulp around the seeds) + sporos 'seed'.
Words that rhyme with pittosporumlabarum • marjoram
Definition of pittosporum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.