(British also pixillation)
Definition of pixilation in English:
1A technique used in film whereby the movements of real people are made to appear like artificial animations.
- He reinvented a technique (usually called pixillation) for the animation of live actors that had been used in the early days of French cinema for trick effects.
- The credit sequence was designed, and hand-made, by Bass, using animation, pixilation, and live-action photography.
- He did not draw characters on celluloid sheets but rather used the process of pixillation, filming puppets in different poses to illustrate motion.
3 variant spelling of pixelation (see pixelate).
- Worse is TiVo's pixilation problem, reminiscent of the early days of DirecTV when its digital pictures would freeze up and tiny pixels would appear on the screen.
- The pixilation around the right side of the dog's jaw is also a giveaway that this picture has been modified.
- There's some evidence of banding and pixilation, although the colors match well what you see on the screen.
Definition of pixilation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.