- Easily calmed; gentle and forgiving.More example sentences
- I'm not the most placable person when it comes to supermarkets, and such a conversation would have had an algesic effect on me, so we headed for a different checkout.
- Tough as steel in his adherence to principle, resilient, placable, self-less and generous beyond the dictates of fashion, steadfast in friendship, but not at the price of reason, he strides the world of mathematics a happy warrior.
- Her feelings were warm and impetuous, but she was placable, tender and constant.
late Middle English (in the sense 'pleasing, agreeable'): from Old French, or from Latin placabilis, from placare 'appease'.
More definitions of placableDefinition of placable in:
- The British & World English dictionary