- The name of a geographical location, such as a town, lake, or range of hills.More example sentences
- Serbo-Croat cheese names frequently use a place name and sir, as in Mjesinski sir, a cheese made from ewe's milk and usually cured for a year in a sack or sheepskin bag.
- Miami-Illinois bands probably knew about the land at the southwest end of Lake Michigan and could have had this name in their place name repertoire before then, but there is no way for us to know that.
- It produces a detailed map - provided by Bartholomew or the Ordnance Survey - in response to prompts such as street name, place name, telephone code, postcode, or OS grid reference.
More definitions of place nameDefinition of place name in:
- The British & World English dictionary