- A kick made with the ball held on the ground or on a tee.More example sentences
- As a younger man Armstrong was also a capable Australian Rules footballer and particularly adept at the place kick - a technique no longer used in the game.
- He stepped up to take the place kick from 40 yards on the left wing.
- The abandonment of Punchestown on Saturday was a disappointment particularly as the track executive had put so much effort into bringing punters in and getting the place kick started again after all the recent controversy and troubles.
verb[no object] (often as noun placekicking) Back to top
- Make a placekick: our placekicking struggled at times last seasonMore example sentences
- Armstrong finished his fifth and final season of varsity eligibility in the fall of 2003 when he handled the punting, placekicking and kickoff duties for the 2-6 Warriors.
- Two years ago when he went down, the ‘Skins lost three of four games because of shaky placekicking.
- Yet all that will be remembered of this performance - more specifically his performance - was that he failed where it mattered most, with his placekicking.
- More example sentences
- Heather believed she was a good football place-kicker.
- He is in fact the only place-kicker on the NFL's Hall of Fame list.
- ‘Punters and place-kickers have more pressure than anybody because that might be our last play of the game,’ Aguiar says.