- An opening or slit in a garment, covering fastenings or giving access to a pocket, or the flap of fabric under such an opening.More example sentences
- The long-sleeve style has button-through sleeve plackets, adjustable cuffs and a back pleat.
- The shirts feature a three-button placket, rib knit collar and cuffs, banded sleeves, tail back, side vents, taped neck and shoulders, and woodtone buttons.
- You can apply your design to any garment area, but construction details such as seamlines, pockets, collars, plackets and cuffs offer built-in creative opportunities.
early 17th century: variant of placard in an obsolete sense 'garment worn under an open coat or gown'.
More definitions of placketDefinition of placket in:
- The British & World English dictionary