- The leveling of a landscape by erosion.More example sentences
- These profiles show evidence for planation at the top of the Outer Plains close to the Inner SDR.
- Anglo-American geomorphologists tend to the view that pediments are the result of either lateral planation by ephemeral, migrating streams issuing from bordering mountains, or sheet-flood erosion.
- Indications of planation near the Inner SDR might either indicate that this unit formed partly under subaerial conditions (subaerial seafloor spreading) or that an uplift episode occurred after its emplacement.
More definitions of planationDefinition of planation in:
- The British & World English dictionary