- A surveying instrument used for direct plotting in the field, with a drawing board and pivoted alidade.More example sentences
- Using a plane table and alidade to ensure a horizontal surface, they established nine stations, each 3.56 m apart, in a 3 × 3 grid.
- Photographs of two inscriptions on the plane table, the inscription on the stone seat and the working party on the site on 7 October 2002 are in the photo supplement and can all be enlarged for easy reading.
- They used the instruments of the surveyor that have been used for centuries, including a handsome plane table Bill had made himself.
More definitions of plane tableDefinition of plane table in:
- The British & World English dictionary