Definition of planographic in English:
Relating to or denoting a printing process in which the printing surface is flat, as in lithography.
- The technique for producing a lithograph is called planographic because the printing surface is a flat plane and is neither built up nor cut into.
- The two major planographic techniques are offset and lithography.
- Example sentences
- The success of waterless planography is dependent upon there being a low free surface energy polymer overlaying the non-print areas of the printing plate.
- Planography is the primary process employed in present printing systems because plate preparation is inexpensive yet allows for high printing quality.
Definition of planographic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan