- The inactive precursor of the enzyme plasmin, present in blood.More example sentences
- Tissue plasminogen activator and, to a lesser degree, urokinase are serine proteases which convert plasminogen to plasmin.
- This is performed largely by the enzyme plasmin, generated from its inactive precursor, plasminogen.
- Within the fibrinolytic system, plasmin is generated from plasminogen by tissue plasminogen activator, which upon activation lyses fibrin clots.
More definitions of plasminogenDefinition of plasminogen in:
- The British & World English dictionary