Definition of plastic surgery in English:
The process of reconstructing or repairing parts of the body, especially by the transfer of tissue, either in the treatment of injury or for cosmetic reasons.
- Many females not suffering from gender confusion do seek these kinds of plastic surgery to improve their body image.
- A man will have to undergo plastic surgery for an horrific injury after a blade cut his face when he fell from a ladder.
- It's not just for the person who is going to have plastic surgery or wants plastic surgery.
plastic surgeon noun
- Example sentences
- To perform a face-lift, the plastic surgeon makes an incision in the hairline above eyebrow level.
- Lipoplasty is the most common cosmetic surgical procedure performed by board certified plastic surgeons in the United States.
- More often than not, skin grafts today are the domain of dermatologists and plastic surgeons.
Definition of plastic surgery in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan