Definition of plasticity in English:
1The quality of being easily shaped or molded.
- Selection experiments have even targeted the degree of phenotypic plasticity of particular traits.
- Such a description should include reference to the particle size distribution of the soil, plasticity, colour, texture, and mineral composition.
- The hydrodynamic effect makes more probable the induction of plasticity after calcium ions flow in.
1.1 Biology The adaptability of an organism to changes in its environment or differences between its various habitats.
- This plasticity allows an organism to adjust continually to changing daylength as the seasons of the year progress.
- Alliaria petiolata displays plasticity to varied habitat conditions including levels of shading.
- Such dynamic conditions require plasticity in behavior as a means of tracking environmental change.