noun(often as modifier plate-glass)
- Thick fine-quality glass, typically used for doors and store windows and originally cast in plates.More example sentences
- Tropical fish moved languidly behind plate glass, while behind another panel of plate glass kitchen staff were at work with somewhat more vigour.
- One night, Casey, our pit bull terrier, spotted a skunk drinking from a water bowl and crashed through our 14-foot plate glass window to get at the critter.
- They were amazed by the destruction and couldn't help but be horribly depressed when they saw the neighborhood through the unbroken plate glass window of Pony's store.
More definitions of plate glassDefinition of plate glass in:
- The British & World English dictionary