- The six metals platinum, palladium, ruthenium, osmium, rhodium, and iridium, which have similar properties and tend to occur together in nature.More example sentences
- The platinum metals tend to occur together in nature and are relatively difficult to separate from each other.
- The catalytic converter mixes these gases with air and then passes them over a catalyst made of rhodium and platinum metals.
- Tennant was studying a new mineral that contained a number of platinum metals and discovered a black powder that other chemists had also seen, but had not analyzed.
More definitions of platinum metalsDefinition of platinum metals in:
- The British & World English dictionary