- The chain comes to an end where neither your plausible responses nor mine change as the reasoning continues.
- There is no plausible reason and explanation why the amount should be increased.
- If they are representative, the only plausible answer is to consider their supposed ideology.
- Of course, he's horribly plausible and a formidable election campaigner.
- The Liberal Democrats might wake up, go out and at last find a plausible candidate for prime minister.
- They had only got seconds to make up their mind because he was so plausible.
Mid 16th century (also in the sense 'deserving applause or approval'): from Latin plausibilis, from plaus- 'applauded', from the verb plaudere.
Words that rhyme with plausibleimplausible
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.