noun (plural pleura /ˈplo͝orə/)Zoology
- The sidewall of each segment of the body of an arthropod.More example sentences
- You can directly visualize the lung and the pleura along the chest wall.
- There is a long, serrated rostrum and the abdomen bears pointed terminations on the pleura.
- Species identification was based on the morphologies of the rostrum and the 5th pleura.
early 18th century: from Greek, literally 'side of the body, rib'.
More definitions of pleuronDefinition of pleuron in:
- The British & World English dictionary