- (Of fabric) treated to give a permanent puckered or crinkled effect.More example sentences
- The surface of its 37cm wide lampshade has a plissé effect.
- A plissé finish is applied by treating a fabric with sodium hydroxide, which gives the article a puckered look.
nounBack to top
- Material treated so as to be permanently puckered or crinkled.More example sentences
- A plissé will usually have no variation in the number of warp (lengthwise) threads
late 19th century: French, literally 'pleated', past participle of plisser.
More definitions of plisséDefinition of plissé in:
- The British & World English dictionary