- Denoting or relating to software or devices that are intended to work perfectly when first used or connected, without reconfiguration or adjustment by the user: a plug and play device plug and play connectivityMore example sentences
- The GSW-5150 is a plug-and-play device so no configuration is required.
- The device is sold as a plug-and-play kit and is expected to be available later this month with a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $199.95.
- You'll experience clear, digital sound with the simplicity of a single USB plug-and-play connection.
noun(usually Plug and Play) Back to top
- A standard for the connection of peripherals to personal computers, whereby a device only needs to be connected to a computer in order to be configured to work perfectly, without any action by the user.More example sentences
- If you have an older router that doesn't support universal Plug and Play you may have to manually select a port to stream over the Internet.
- The box Intel displayed was equipped with Universal Plug and Play.
- Plug and Play has almost always been available under Linux through user-space configuration utilities and by using external modules for drivers.
More definitions of plug and playDefinition of plug and play in:
- The British & World English dictionary