Definition of plumeria in English:
A fragrant flowering tropical tree of a genus that includes frangipani.
- Genus Plumeria, family Apocynaceae
- So it was inevitable that when Greg and wife Maria moved to coastal Southern California - where the climate is mild enough for kentia palms and plumerias - he seized the opportunity to create his own backyard resort.
- If you think about it, orchids, gardenias, heliconias, Birds of Paradise, and plumerias are all lovely additions to gardens in tropical areas.
- Since plumerias are dormant and stored in garages and greenhouses for the winter, I would repot it in a larger container in spring.
Modern Latin, named after Charles Plumier (1646–1704), French botanist.
Definition of plumeria in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan