A fragrant flowering tropical tree of a genus that includes frangipani.
- Genus Plumeria, family Apocynaceae
More example sentences
- So it was inevitable that when Greg and wife Maria moved to coastal Southern California - where the climate is mild enough for kentia palms and plumerias - he seized the opportunity to create his own backyard resort.
- If you think about it, orchids, gardenias, heliconias, Birds of Paradise, and plumerias are all lovely additions to gardens in tropical areas.
- Since plumerias are dormant and stored in garages and greenhouses for the winter, I would repot it in a larger container in spring.
modern Latin, named after Charles Plumier (1646–1704), French botanist.
Definition of plumeria in:
- The British & World English dictionary